COVID Screening Process Questions for Clients
***Please note: On site contacts are required to wear masks while service crews are on site***
Client screening questions
Prior to service crews entering the premises, the client must respond to the following questions:
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, experienced symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the past 10 days (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever, difficulty breathing)?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been tested for COVID-19 and/or are waiting to hear the results of a laboratory test for COVID-19?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, travelled anywhere outside of Canada within the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate for any other reason?
If the client answers“YES”to any of the above questions, the work should be scheduled for a time when the household is no longer under self-isolation. Please contact the office and our staff will be happy to reschedule the work.
Where the client answers“NO”to all of the client pre-screening questions:
- Advise the client of the “Physical Distancing Requirements”. They must maintain at least 2 metres from workers at all times. This also applies to any pets in the household. Pets should be restricted to another area of the home.
- Maintain proper physical distancing while providing services (a distance of two arm’s lengths from others).Where this cannot be maintained, additional controls will be required (please contact our office to reschedule).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Clean and disinfect any work surface (i.e. plumbing, hot water tank, toilet etc.), prior to performing work (see BCCSA guidance document on cleaning and disinfecting).
- Upon exiting the property, wash/sanitize your hands and disinfect any tools that were used.