COVID Screening Process Questions for Clients
We kindly ask that clients wear a mask while the service crews are on site, we appreciate your understanding in this matter
Client screening questions
Prior to service crews entering the premises, the client must respond to the following questions:
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, experienced symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the past 10 days (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fever, difficulty breathing)?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been tested for COVID-19 and/or are waiting to hear the results of a laboratory test for COVID-19?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, travelled anywhere outside of Canada within the past 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone else in the residence, been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate for any other reason?
If the client answers“YES”to any of the above questions, the work should be scheduled for a time when the household is no longer under self-isolation. Please contact the office and our staff will be happy to reschedule the work.
Where the client answers“NO”to all of the client pre-screening questions:
- Advise the client of the “Physical Distancing Requirements”. They must maintain at least 2 metres from workers at all times. This also applies to any pets in the household. Pets should be restricted to another area of the home.
- Maintain proper physical distancing while providing services (a distance of two arm’s lengths from others).Where this cannot be maintained, additional controls will be required (please contact our office to reschedule).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Clean and disinfect any work surface (i.e. plumbing, hot water tank, toilet etc.), prior to performing work (see BCCSA guidance document on cleaning and disinfecting).
- Upon exiting the property, wash/sanitize your hands and disinfect any tools that were used.